In this special bonus episode, Brian Orme interviews Carey on the 8 key reasons 85% of churches never break the 200 attendance barrier.
Be a part of the Breaking 200 Without Breaking You launch
3 Insights from This Episode
1. Church growth is directly related to the effectiveness and health of church mission
2. Desire, prayer and passion are necessary, but a church must get past the invisible barriers to avoid burnout and reach more people
3. Get started by studying your issues thoroughly, approaching the board and working through issues systematically
Quotes from This Episode
I’m all in favour of more people coming into a relationship with Jesus. – @cniewhof
Church growth is just stewarding the people God sends your way. – @cnieuwhof
I think you have to do that motive test. I think you have to sift your heart.- @cnieuwhof
Want to Reach More People? Here’s Some Practical Help.
So you would love to reach more people, but how? Your church just can’t seem to sustainably grow past the 200 barrier. And you’re really not sure why.
This week we released a brand new online course called
It’s designed to help senior pastors and their boards and leadership team break through the barrier 85% of churches never move past: the 200 attendance barrier.
So many leaders who try to break it either get stuck at 150-250 in attendance or burned out in the process of trying.
It doesn’t have to be that way.
Believe it or not, the reasons most churches never break 200 aren’t spiritual reasons, they’re practical reasons. Strategic reasons.
The course tackles eight key issues that keep churches from passing the 200 barrier and beyond. It includes:
- 8 videos designed to guide you and your leadership team through all the key growth barriers smaller churches face.
- 150 page downloadable workbook for you and your team.
- 12 licenses, so you can take your entire team through it—board, staff, key volunteers—whoever you want (that’s about $20 a person).
- A bonus cheat sheet with access to 20 free resources designed to take you further.
- A private Breaking 200 Facebook Group access exclusive to the first 1000 purchasers
So whether your church is 50, 150 or 250 in attendance, the principles will help you gain the insight you need to break the barrier more than 85% of churches can’t break.
The podcast releases every Tuesday morning.
Plus, I host a second podcast every month called the Canadian Church Leaders Podcast. If you’re Canadian, or just interested in ministry in a post-Christian culture, you can subscribe for free as well at:
Appreciate This? Rate the Podcast.
Hopefully, this episode has helped you lead like never before. That’s my goal. If you appreciated it, could you share the love?
The best way to do that is to
Your ratings and reviews help us place the podcast in front of new leaders and listeners. Your feedback also lets me know how I can better serve you.
Thank you for being so awesome.
Next Episode: Ron Edmondson
Leadership is never easy, but too many leaders succumb to myths that simply aren’t true. Ron Edmondson has mentored many leaders and shares a wealth of leadership wisdom that will help all leaders, but especially young leaders.