Podcast Episode #385
Dean Inserra joins us today to explain how City Church Tallahassee has used community events and organization to connect church members to the community.
Some highlights from today’s episode include:
- Don’t equip members just to have more Bible knowledge. Equip them to be missionaries in their hometown.
- For far too long, the missionary label has just been for those who go overseas.
- Christian maturity means following Jesus into the world.
- “I’m not interested in an discipleship model that’s not going to equip people to clearly articulate the gospel.”
- “People aren’t going to invite someone to their church when they secretly aren’t excited about going to themselves.”
The five ways we cover to connect to the community are:
- Emphasize the importance of an outwardly focused DNA
- Guests come on the arm of a friend
- Don’t duplicate within
- Raise up from within
- View your church as a launching pad
About Dean Inserra
Dean Inserra is the Lead Pastor of City Church, a church he started in his hometown of Tallahassee, Florida in 2007. Dean has a passion to reach his hometown for Christ through the local church and to see healthy churches planted across the South and the nation. Dean is married to his wife Krissie and they have three children, Tommy, Ty, and Sally Ashlyn. He loves baseball, Starbucks, the New England Patriots, and the indoors.
Two degrees in five years – all in one program: Accelerate at Midwestern Seminary. Take the next step by visiting
Find out more about Vanderbloemen Search Group by visiting
Resources Mentioned in Today’s Podcast